- This event has passed.
48th Annual TA Conference
Each year the Center for the Advancement of Teaching’s TA Training Program organizes the annual TA Conference, designed to provide pedagogical training and role-specific support for both new and continuing TAs. Currently in its 48th year, this event is open to all graduate students, whether or not they will be TAing during the upcoming school year.
This year’s conference will take place from September 13th – 17th, 2021 and will be held remotely via Zoom. This week-long conference will include graduate-student led workshops and expert panels on topics ranging from building a foundational teaching toolkit, to inclusive and equitable teaching, to navigating your role as a TA through the upcoming transition to on-campus and hybrid learning. Attendees will also be invited to hear from faculty and graduate students who have made teaching and learning a cornerstone of their scholarship via a plenary lecture, a panel of Distinguished Teaching Award winners, and experienced TAs at UCLA. The TA Conference will also provide the opportunity to connect with fellow graduate students and get connected to a variety of resources across campus.
Registration will open in early August 2021.
The aims of the conference is to give you the opportunity to:
- Build a foundational pedagogical toolkit, including inclusive teaching practices, active learning strategies, and assessment best practices
- Practice pedagogical strategies for responding to challenging situations in the moment
- Prepare your section syllabus, technology, and techniques for the first day of class
- Learn best practices from experienced members of the teaching and learning community at UCLA
- Get tips for leading dynamic discussion sections remotely
- Network with graduate students and faculty across UCLA
- And more!