- This event has passed.
Pre-election anxiety? A faculty panel shares teaching insights from 2016
Oct 30, 2020 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Please join us for a panel to prepare faculty for teaching challenges that may arise in relation to the upcoming election.
- Paul Barber, Professor, Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology and Equity Advisor for the Division of Life Sciences
- Nicole Green, Executive Director, Counseling and and Psychological Services (CAPS)
- Thu-Hoang Nguyen-Vo, Associate Professor, Asian Languages and Cultures/Asian American Studies
- Lori Santikian, Associate Adjunct Professor, Finance and Strategy areas and the Director of the Fink Center for Finanace and Investments at Anderson School of Management
- Abel Valenzuela, Professor, Chicano Studies and Urban Planning and Director of UCLA’s Institute for Research on Labor and Employment (Panel Moderator)
Faculty have been expressing concerns about the potential for disruption and reaction to the election, which is already causing anxiety in both instructors and students. Faculty also have questions about how or if they should talk to students about the election.
The aim of the panel is to provide faculty with guidance on equitably reducing student anxiety and stress and flexibly responding to students’ needs for accommodation. In addressing these issues, we hope to also diminish faculty’s concerns.
RSVP here: https://survey.alchemer.com/s3/5964301/2020-Pre-Election-Faculty-Panel